It seems to me that in most kitchens, the pantry area is the workhorse of the kitchen. Regardless of you have kids or not, everybody can benefit from having a well put together pantry. Why?
1. You can find things easily when you need to. Nothing is more frustrating when your trying to cook, pack kids lunches, or retrieve a simple item and you can't seem to locate it.
2. You spend less money at the grocery store. How many times have you purchased an item that you already have only to discover that you had 3 of the same? What a money waster! And unless you have a money tree growing in your backyard, this is very inconvenient, not to mention wasteful!
3. When you come home from the grocery store, you can easily put items away with ease.
Panty organization is easy. It's the same simple rules that I follow for any job . Here is some helpful tips:
1. Take everything out and throw out old, expired food. Any food that you don't like or won't use can be donated to your local food pantry.
2. Group similar items together. As I always say, Like with like. If you follow this rule, items can be found with ease. Do you enjoy baking? Make a " baking" bin. Any container will do - it keeps your like items together . Throw a label on it and you're done! Do the same with condiments, snacks( this one is good for the kiddos to grab quickly,) and any other like items that you have. Get the idea?
3. Think when you shop! Do you need to buy 8 boxes of Mac and cheese? Keep your volume down and if you need to store " overflow", do so in another area of the home. Remember not to overstuff your containers - it looks messy and items will start to fall out and mess starts again.
I hope this helps!!!!! Here is one example of a very small pantry that works well because of the tips that I shared. Happy organizing!